The Lady Luna Concert

 When I started get into the world of Harajuku fashion in 2017 (japanese fashion born in the Harajuku Neighborhood), I was trying to find the Lolita chilean community (lolita fashion is one of the lots of urban tribes in the Harajuku world, consistent in dressing like the Rococo and Victorian era anacronically, don't confuse with the Lolita book, typical warning of the Lolita community lol). It was hard at first, but suddenly at my Instagram popped an advertisement about a concert in Halloween, called Lady Luna, who the artist behind that project was part of the Lolita chilean community. I didn't think twice and bought her entry for the concert. I was happy to show my new gothic lolita dress made by my granny!

The artist at the time named herself Kuro Moon. Because of the change of project and style now she is named Wësnia. When she was Kuro Moon, she was a gothic lolita and even today she works hard to be an idol. Now she creates music with the new style of fairycore (an aesthetic about everything related to the vintage fairy style).

It was 2017, I was 15 years old and I dressed with my new gothic lolita dress. My granny and my mom took me to where the concert will be, Between Santiago Centro and Quinta Normal at Halloween night. I can't remember the place name, it was called like palace something, but it's a known place for elegant events in Santiago, sadly I can't remember the name. Normally the common concerts are with a lot of people standed up moving with the beats of the singer, this wasn't the case. We were seated in round tables elegantly decorated and there it was a menu with tea and some delicacies. I bougth the entry with tea and something to eat included, so I didn't need to spent more money. There were like less than 20 people inside, it was a small sized event but big at vibe, but I felt good with it, there was people dressed as lolitas too, so I felt happy to find finally people of the community.

When the concert itself started, Kuro Moon played the piano and sang. The placed was decorated and luminated softly for giving oniric and gothic vibes, because the album she was singing was about a girl named Lady Luna from I think XIX century with a skin illness that maked her be vulnerable to light, so she was always inside her dark palace and people thought she was some demon. Because of her few conection with people she created an imaginary world about a magical tea party and we were the people of her imagination attending to her party.

The artist called us by one for introducing ourselves and our outfits, I remember I said I was a congresist from the first Arturo Alessandri Palma's government just because I didn't have any idea what to say in the roleplay, so I just said what I was learning at history classes. I remember when I said my name was Talia she said "oh, like the singer" refering to Thalia XD.

When the concert finished, we put together the tables and started talking with the people who was there. A lot of them are even today part of the community and shared about our artistical projects for life. There was small bussiness about gourmet delicacies and tea.

I enjoyed the concert, it was my first step to the Harajuku community. Maybe today I'm not longer a Lolita because I changed to Gyaru (other japanese urban tribe, not exactly Harajuku because it was born in the Shibuya neighborhood but we usually just put them together), but thanks to that concert I feel now part of the Harajuku community. And the best, I'm a Halloween hater, so it was my first (and unic) not awful Halloween!

Thank you for reading my post! Check the albums from Kuro Moon/Wësnia!! She is still an unkown singer and she need support!

Her instagrams: https://www.instagram.com/kuromoon.cl/?hl=es (Kuro Moon)

https://www.instagram.com/wesnia.cl/?hl=es (Wësnia)

Her songs: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfnd6UBE8xlGqUaHX00oI5g (Kuro Moon)

https://www.youtube.com/c/W%C3%ABsnia (Wësnia)

Comments

  1. I know the lolita fashion, I see a video of this, it's not my favourite style but it's so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was impressed with the level of conceptual complexity of the concert you attended! It certainly makes the study and analysis of the various existing urban tribes that much more interesting. I hope one day to have a conversation with you about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of anything like that, but the experience seems so deep and unique to me that I'd love to attend such an event and study all the work of both aesthetics and the background behind the genre.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know nothing about her, I saw the video of the song that you mencioned, and I LOVE IT, stage presence was so amazing. By the way, the concert itself sound like a experience like no other

    ReplyDelete
  5. How interesting the lolita culture, and also the form of the concert, I'm glad you felt comfortable and happy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Perú, my dream country to visit (again)

My dream job